cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] input-modules in the sitemap
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:49:01 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>> No, please not - with 2.2 we have the official include feature and
>> imho this is sufficient for this.
>

> Yeah, but technically speaking, this makes absolutely no difference, as
> <include> does nothing but expanding the contents of an xconf within
> <map:components>

Yes, I know - so following your road we could just skip the whole
cocoon.xconf and put it in the root sitemap :)
Components are not used directly in the sitemap (except sitemap
components), so we shouldn't start defining them in the sitemap. Of
course this is a little bit different with input modules which just has
historical reasons that they're in the xconf.
I think it's better to move everything out of the sitemap into xconf
files that *belong* to the sitemap than the opposite.

Carsten