cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wrong restauration of environment context after pass-through
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:15:57 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>

>> I don't understand what is this "last context": does it have to
>> behave like a stack, or is it the context in which the internal
>> pipeline has been built?
>

> It is the context in which the internal pipeline will run; it's not a
> stack. Internal pipeline calls are done in two phases: the first one
> building the pipeline and the second on invoking the pipeline. As only
> during the first phase the tree processor is invoke, the environment
> context (or the location of the sitemap used for the pipeline) is
> lost. Therefore the environment wrapper stores the last sitemap used
> (which is currently the deepest sitemap used during processing).
>
> And I think this is exactly the problem with the pass through, because
> with pass-through the sitemap that should be used for running the
> pipeline is not the deepest one, but a different one.
> So, rethinking everything this could be fixed perhaps more easily than
> I thought. If the flow comes back from a sub sitemap without a match
> (pass through) then the last context of the wrapper should be
> overwritten with the current context.
>
> I'm just testing a fix for this - stay tuned.

Damn, I was just testing my own fix!

I looked at your modifications, and mine are mostly code removal rather
than code additions: I removed all the changeToLastContext() stuff and
added a test in MountNode so that the environment's context is set to
its previous value *only* if the mounted sitemap has not sucessfully
built a pipeline.

That way, the environment keeps the context in which the pipeline was
built, which is just what we want, and we no more need to keep track of
the last context (which as we've seen, is difficult to define in the
case of pass-through).

This seems to work just fine (I went through most of the samples), and I
would like to apply these changes as they simplify things.

WDYT?

Sylvain