cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wrong restauration of environment context after pass-through
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2005 17:43:50 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>

> I don't understand what is this "last context": does it have to behave
> like a stack, or is it the context in which the internal pipeline has
> been built?

It is the context in which the internal pipeline will run; it's not a
stack. Internal pipeline calls are done in two phases: the first one
building the pipeline and the second on invoking the pipeline. As only
during the first phase the tree processor is invoke, the environment
context (or the location of the sitemap used for the pipeline) is lost.
Therefore the environment wrapper stores the last sitemap used (which is
currently the deepest sitemap used during processing).

And I think this is exactly the problem with the pass through, because
with pass-through the sitemap that should be used for running the
pipeline is not the deepest one, but a different one.
So, rethinking everything this could be fixed perhaps more easily than I
thought. If the flow comes back from a sub sitemap without a match (pass
through) then the last context of the wrapper should be overwritten with
the current context.

I'm just testing a fix for this - stay tuned.

> Also, what's the relation between a mount and subsequent internal
> pipelines. Each internal pipeline uses its own EnvironmentWrapper?
Yes, exactly.
> So that would mean that the original HttpEnvironment has been modified?
No, the original environment should never be modified.

Carsten