cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Irv Salisbury III <...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: POST XML to cocoon protocol
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:17:31 GMT

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Irv Salisbury III wrote:
>

>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>
>>> Hm. I'd probably go with using request attribute and then generating
>>> XML directly from there in the included pipeline - no JX and no
>>> Flow. It depends on usecase, of course.
>>

>> Ok, so is it safe to encode XML into a request parameter?
>

> You misread - I meant attribute.
>

>> Are there any size limitations? What is the best way to turn XML in a
>> request parameter and get it into the pipeline?
>>
>> To accomplish this, would I use the CIncludeTransformer and then just
>> call:
>>
>> cocoon:/my-other-pipleine?xml=<xml>right-in-here</xml>
>

> If you are using CInclude you should have seen its documentation which
> says:
>
>  *     <!-- The following are optional parameters appended to the URI -->
>  *     <cinclude:parameters>
>  *         <cinclude:parameter>
>  *             <cinclude:name>a name</cinclude:name>
>  *             <cinclude:value>a value</cinclude:value>
>  *         </cinclude:parameter>
>  *         <!-- more can follow -->
>  *     </cinclude:parameters>
>

> So your xml can go here, I'd think:
>
>  *             <cinclude:value>a value</cinclude:value>

This is somewhat new to me.  (And sorry for misreading, oops)

First, what is the difference between a request parameter and a request
attribute?

Second, assuming I put XML into the request attribute, what is the best
way to get that into the pipeline as Sax Events?  It looks like the
request generator will just dump the raw text, not necessarily treat it
as XML.

Thanks for all the help!

Irv