cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: POST XML to cocoon protocol
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:01:30 GMT
Irv Salisbury III wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Hm. I'd probably go with using request attribute and then generating
>> XML directly from there in the included pipeline - no JX and no Flow.
>> It depends on usecase, of course.
>
> Ok, so is it safe to encode XML into a request parameter?

You misread - I meant attribute.

> Are there any
> size limitations? What is the best way to turn XML in a request
> parameter and get it into the pipeline?
>
> To accomplish this, would I use the CIncludeTransformer and then just call:
>
> cocoon:/my-other-pipleine?xml=<xml>right-in-here</xml>

If you are using CInclude you should have seen its documentation which says:

  *     <!-- The following are optional parameters appended to the URI -->
  *     <cinclude:parameters>
  *         <cinclude:parameter>
  *             <cinclude:name>a name</cinclude:name>
  *             <cinclude:value>a value</cinclude:value>
  *         </cinclude:parameter>
  *         <!-- more can follow -->
  *     </cinclude:parameters>

So your xml can go here, I'd think:

  *             <cinclude:value>a value</cinclude:value>

Vadim