cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Irv Salisbury III <...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: POST XML to cocoon protocol
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:38:47 GMT

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> You can always stick your XML into request attribute. I'm puzzled
> though, why would anyone need to do something like this ...

Hopefully my response to the previous question answers this, but
basically I need to call a set of REST style web services that take in
XML and produce XML.  Almost like a BPEL kind of thing.  I need the
outputs of some of the pipeines to be inputs to others and get it all
aggregated to call the final pipeline.  I can use flowscript, sitemap,
whatever makes sense.  If there is a BPEL transformer or something like
that, I can use that as well.

> Hm. I'd probably go with using request attribute and then generating
> XML directly from there in the included pipeline - no JX and no Flow.
> It depends on usecase, of course.

Ok, so is it safe to encode XML into a request parameter?
Are there any size limitations?
What is the best way to turn XML in a request parameter and get it into
the pipeline?

To accomplish this, would I use the CIncludeTransformer and then just call:

cocoon:/my-other-pipleine?xml=<xml>right-in-here</xml>

Thanks for all the help guys!

Irv