cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject [RT] Management Prototype?
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:18:02 GMT
I think one area were Cocoon really lacks in functionality is
administration. We briefly discussed this topic some months ago.

WDYT about implementing a prototype with JMX? Don't know how this could
look like or what it can do, but perhaps someone with JMX knowledge has
some cool ideas, she is willing to test implement into 2.2. Based on
this prototype we could decide if it's worth going down this road or if
we should search for a different solution.

I know that there are a lot of pros and cons for/against JMX - the
discussion on the geronimo list is a good example of this. But it seems
that every project is using JMX, so imho we shouldn't "invent" something

View raw message