cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FOM & input modules
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:12:49 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>

>> Please note that I'm not suggesting to remove the current input
>> modules. This is all about making Cocoon more coherent, not about
>> introducing back incompability. If we find a good way to replace input
>> modules I would suggest that we move them from core to an input module
>> block so that they become optional.
>>
>> WDYT?
>

> Having only one input module that uses a Cocoon wide object model is IMO
> a good idea. We should go through the list of all input modules and look
> where it makes sense to extend the object model.
>
> Creating a modules block that contains all existing input modules for
> backwards-compatibility sounds good to me too.
>
> One question remains: Should it be allowed to add your project-specific
> extenstions to the object model?
Yes :)

> e.g. I like to use chained input
> modules (i18n issues) or my own constants input modules.

Hmm, the question is: how can a pluggable object model work - or how can
it be extended? What about using...input modules for exactly this? We
create a way of "mounting" input modules into the object model, like this:
<object-model>
   <mount input-module="skin" path="cocoon.skin"/>
</object-model>

And then you can simple access the info by ${cocoon.skin.something}.

Carsten