cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FOM & input modules
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:48:45 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Please note that I'm not suggesting to remove the current input modules.
> This is all about making Cocoon more coherent, not about introducing
> back incompability. If we find a good way to replace input modules I
> would suggest that we move them from core to an input module block so
> that they become optional.
>
> WDYT?

Having only one input module that uses a Cocoon wide object model is IMO a good
idea. We should go through the list of all input modules and look where it makes
sense to extend the object model.

Creating a modules block that contains all existing input modules for
backwards-compatibility sounds good to me too.

One question remains: Should it be allowed to add your project-specific
extenstions to the object model? e.g. I like to use chained input modules (i18n
issues) or my own constants input modules.

--
Reinhard