cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Planning 2.1.7
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 06:47:16 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what do you think of a 2.1.7 release in the near future - middle of
> February for example?
>
> Are there any outstanding issues (apart from the usual suspects of course)?

Just for the records: Rhino hasn't been updated in 2.1.X yet. As it introduces
some backwards incompatibilites we should support both interpreters (the old and
the new one) at the same time.

This requires renaming of all packages in our forked rhino version and duplicate
  the interpreter and FOM code.
Additionally we have to look into the FOM implementation because some methods
don't wrap objects properly so that you get warnings when you use the new
version e.g. when context.getAttribute([name]) is called. See
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=110071260308472&w=2 for more
details. Of course, this has to be done in trunk too.

Anyway, as we agreed that 2.2 should come soon, I don't think it's worth doing
the refactoring. And if somebody really want's to use the new rhino version too,
he can simply exchange the libraries manually. The only drawback is that this is
an "all or nothing" decision and some warnings might pop up in the console.

WDOT?

--
Reinhard