cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: servicemanager and jxtg (was: WishFull thinking JX and SessionContext Authentication)
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:04:54 GMT
BURGHARD √Čric wrote:
> hi,
>
> What about giving access to the servicemanager inside jxtg. We could add,
> that way, various macros to access components directly (authentication,
> sourceresolver, session, ...).

During the "JXTG 2.0 (just say no!)" (you find links to it in
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Templates), many people where negative to
the idea of developing JXTG in a "taglib" direction. We decided that
JXTG should focus on templating and that more programatic stuff should
better be done in flowscripts.

So I don't think you would get much support for some more general move
in making it easier to do "programming" in JXTG. But we can of course
discuss more specific use cases and see if they view concerns that
should affect template development or if they are control concerns and
in that case how they could be done in flow.

/Daniel