cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: WishFull thinking JX and SessionContext Authentication
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2005 12:09:48 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>> Yes, this should be possible, I agree. I hope that the refactored
>>> version will be pluggable to plug-in some kind of adapter to access
>>> "own data" like the authentication context etc.
>>

>> Wouldn't it be better if JXTG supported input modules with syntax like:
>>
>> {im:moduleName:valueName}
>>
>> ?
>
> Don't know :) Sure, this is one solution - my idea is a little bit
> different:
> we could provide a pluggable object model and then use this object model
> in jxtg,
> but also in input modules - so in fact you would only need one input
> module and can use the same syntax there as in jxtg. I'm not sure if
> this makes sense, but if it does, we wouldn't need input modules anymore.
>
> Carsten

don't we have a pluggable object model ? :))

function doIt() {
   var objectModel = {};

   objectModel.pluggedIn1 = entityFromDatabase();
   objectModel.pluggedIn2 = request.getParameter( "skin" );

   cocoon.sendPage( "view/myview.jx", objectModel );
}

Other data that is not directly available from flow (like authentication
context can be accessed with input modules that are already available).