cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: xml languages
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:11:33 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 21 janv. 05, à 10:14, Daniel Fagerstrom a écrit :
>
>> ...If you or someone else would like to make XSLT easier to use as
>> template language, I would be happy to help with design discussions.
>> But I have lost my interest in pushing for or implementing such a
>> thing...
>

> Note that such a thing is available *now*, see
>   http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/HtmlToXsltExperiments
> and
>   http://blog.bitflux.ch/archive/further-improvements-on-xsl-tal.html
> which I find better

I'm aware of that. But what I refered to with "such a thing", was
something different: using XQuery/XSLT as a template language (a
generator) where you have access to FOM, business objects etc as an XML
view that you can access directly through XQuery/XSLT as either input
document, through document() or through input params. There was a very
long thread about that two years ago that I cited in a previous mail.

With current implementations of XSLT I'm not particulary convinced about
that its a good idea to trying to use them booth for XML to XML
transformations and pulling data from Java beans (which is one of the
main reasons for having template generators).

Having an attribute template alternative to XSLT for XML to XML
transformations is another thing.

/Daniel