cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gre...@apache.org>
Subject servlet 2.2 vs 2.3
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:50:02 GMT
we are currently getting ParanoidCocoonServlet to work with unexploded
WARs (in order to deploy javaflow on BEA Weblogic). this requires
replacing the getRealPath() calls with getResourcePaths().

unfortunately, that method is only available in servlet 2.3, and cocoon
still ships with 2.2 in lib/core (and 2.3 in lib/optional)

is it planned to move to servlet 2.3?

the presence of the 2.3 lib and the 2.3 doctype in web.xml seem to
indicate it. compiling with servlet 2.3 didn't cause problems for me,
and any reasonably recent servlet container already runs cocoon under
2.3 anyway.

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com