cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: [FYI] cocoon taught as university course as "emerging technology"
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:57:54 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Who knows, maybe I'll convince a professor here at MIT too ;-)
>
> http://www.eli.sdsu.edu/courses/fall04/cs683/notes/index.html
>
> What I like even better is that the instructor (Roger Whitney) seems to
> be a hardcore Smalltalk guy (thus the reason why he also teaches
> Seaside, which is a web framework written in Smalltalk).
>
> Don't know why but it makes me feel good :-)

I'm taking a class this semester (my last semester of Uni, incidentally
:)) titled, "Client/Server Architectures", which should actually be
titled, "Intro to J2EE".  It was funny hearing the instructor trying to
describe J2EE, Tomcat, etc to the class.  He wasn't very good at it.

Apparently we're learning Struts this semester, and we have to build a
final project.  We can build whatever we want, so I might see what I can
do about using Cocoon (and presenting on it) at the end of the semester.
  I'll keep the list updated as to how it goes.

Tony