cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Update to build system: location of blocks and gump
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:06:10 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> I'm currently thinking about making the build system able to include
> blocks from "external" locations, which means blocks that are not
> directly in the cocoon directory.
> I'm thinking of a simple but working solution: I guess the easiest way
> would be to just add the root directory for a block to our gump
> descriptor. Currently the build system assumes that a block is located
> at src/blocks/BLOCKNAME.
> When the build system uses this information from gump.xml, we can simply
> include a "local.gump.xml" containing some more projects into the
> gump.xml and build an aggregated description that is only used by the
> build process. Gump itself is not affected as it still uses the gump.xml.

Ok, I have finished the changes and it seems to work :) You can now
simply add one or more "local.blocks.*.xconf" files to the root
directory containing patches for gump.xml. Each (block) project now has
a src directory with the location of the block. You can point the
location to a directory outside of the cocoon directory and include your
own blocks during the build process.

HTH
Carsten