cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Cocoon documentation system
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:31:44 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
>> every new/modified doc has to be approved by a committer. My plan is,
>> that this approval is part of the online webapp.
>

>  >RT>
>
> Why not simple moderation via email?
>
> Committers could subscribe to a special closed mailing
> list. The webapp send emails with diffs and a link with
> a token. If anyone clicks on the link the webapp will
> commit the change.
>
> Well, or you could even count the clicks and require
> e.g. 3 committers to acknowledge the change
>
> ...things like that.
>
> Due to the amount of committers we would have
> still quite a good response time until changes
> appear live. ...which is important IMHO.
>
> </RT>
>
> Though I doubt the infrastructure folks
> would like to give a webapp commit privileges.
>
> Actually it would also be even nice to pass on the
> credentials of the clicking/committing committer.
>
> So using a ssh to execute a remote command would
> be another option...
>
> The point to success: it must be comfortable - for
> users and committers.
>
> My 2 cents

Thank you. But as you say, it depends if it is allowed that either a webapp or a
mail server is allowed to do a commit. If yes, we have many options. If no,
having a locally running application that does the actual commit could be a
workaround and I think rather comfortable for committers.

--
Reinhard