cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Cocoon documentation system
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:11:00 GMT
> every new/modified doc has to be approved by a committer. My plan is,
> that this approval is part of the online webapp.

Why not simple moderation via email?

Committers could subscribe to a special closed mailing
list. The webapp send emails with diffs and a link with
a token. If anyone clicks on the link the webapp will
commit the change.

Well, or you could even count the clicks and require
e.g. 3 committers to acknowledge the change

...things like that.

Due to the amount of committers we would have
still quite a good response time until changes
appear live. ...which is important IMHO.

</RT>

Though I doubt the infrastructure folks
would like to give a webapp commit privileges.

Actually it would also be even nice to pass on the
credentials of the clicking/committing committer.

So using a ssh to execute a remote command would
be another option...

The point to success: it must be comfortable - for
users and committers.

My 2 cents
--
Torsten