cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Cocoon documentation system
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:09:51 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> On 18 Jan 2005, at 13:20, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>> ... and if there is no other way, I have ideas to perfectly work
>> around the ASF infrastructure without having to forbear from online
>> editing.
>

> Fair enough.
>
> I'm really curious though how you're going to handle authentication
> (other than running the entire app under SSL). Will users for your
> webapp be maintained separately? Where will username/passwords be
> stored? (not in the webapp, I presume) Or is your webapp going to use a
> role account to check information into SVN?
>
> (no bikeshedding intended BTW)

every new/modified doc has to be approved by a committer. My plan is, that this
approval is part of the online webapp. If this is not possible, we can run this
locally on our machines as well - maybe as sample block of Cocoon. Some
webservices query the online application to find out what's new and then the
commit comes from the local machine using http://www.tmate.org/svn/.

--
Reinhard