cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Cocoon documentation system
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:59:38 GMT
Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>>Forrest - pardon my rudeness - sucks as a static site generation system.
>>I can't wait to have it shine as a dynamic system :-)
>

> What prevents the use of Apache Lenya ?

Nothing or as less as the use of

  - Daisy,
  - Hippo CMS (if it is really OS licensed now),
  - Forrest,
  - Gianugo's little CMS (http://www.rabellino.it/blog/index.php
    ?title=writing_stuff_for_with_cocoon&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1)
  - write my own

Look at http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonDocumentationSystem and find all my
requirements. I'm sure that all six options are good enough but as *I* have to
do it, I'll take the road that's the fastest for *me*. Don't forget that
learning where I have to add extensions to an enterprise level CMS like Daisy,
Hippo or Lenya would take *a lot* of time. And as I have the (maybe illusionary)
view, that I would be rather fast in implementing it on my own, I'll probably go
the Forrest, Gianugo or "write my own" way. That's it.

Once again, nothing speaks against taking one of the enterprise level CMS and if
one of the communities around them does the implementation and takes all
requirements listed at http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonDocumentationSystem
into consideration, I'm the last one who stops them. One thing to add: I want to
see a prototyp of the webapp running in 6-8 weeks from now; whoever writes it.

--
Reinhard