cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Importing libraries from ibiblio
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:51:49 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> What that means is that we can create the list of jars to download
>> from our jars.xml or the gump descriptor, and have them automatically
>> downloaded from the ibiblio repo. Very few modifications on the
>> current build are needed.
>

> +1 to use a jar repository
>
> +1 to use a Maven repository, so that users can reuse their local
>    Maven-downloaded jars reducing bandwidth usage and download times
>
> +1 to using Maven Wagon to download the artifacts

Didn't knew about this. Interesting, but is it visible somewhere else
than in the CVS [1]? I couldn't find it on the maven site. Also, is
there an Ant task using Wagon?

> -1 to using any download mechanism different from Maven Wagon or
>    pure http get

Well, then anything is compliant, as it always go down to a pure http
get ;-)
(just joking)

> If we want to use the Maven repository system, it's better to stick
> with the Maven implementation, that is supported. ATM it doesn't have
> an Ant task anymore, but over at repository@apache.org I have
> understood that they agreed to add it back.

I'm all for a Maven-supported solution, but do we want to wait until Ant
and Maven agree on something common when we have today a lightweight
tool that can do the job?

Sylvain