cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Cocoon documentation system
Date Sat, 15 Jan 2005 09:01:37 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>>> Touche'.
>>>
>>> I've tried with Doco but I never put it up with the expectations :-(
>>>
>>> What can I say: go for it!
>>

>> Well, some of the ideas and discussion from Doco would evolve
>> into this system. Thanks for that much, it all helps.
>
> Glad to hear that.

Yep, your proposal and the discussions helped a lot :-)
... and not to forget over the last 10 days, Upayavira helped me with many talks.

> I have only one problem with Reinhard's approach: open editing.
>
> And not because I fear defacing but I do fear link spamming bots.
>
> Please, do not leave the comments open for non-humans or it's going to
> be hell over again (at the very least let's use captchas)

good point.
I also want that every comment (not only doc changes) has to be approved by a
committer. So we have a double-barrier (hope that's understandable English) for
spamming bots.

Two question to Stefano (and everybody else): I proposed numbers as document
IDs? What do you think about this?

Another question is the structure of URLs - the new efforts of Sylvain who wants
to provide some docs in French needs some thinking where to put them. I propose

http://c.a.o/  ............... editable global docs (own repository)
http://c.a.o/fr/ ............. editable global docs in French (own repository)
http://c.a.o/2.2/ ............ editable docs of 2.2 (own repository)
http://c.a.o/2.2/fr/ ......... editable docs of 2.2 in French (own repository)