cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Importing libraries from ibiblio
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:32:41 GMT
> I had really bad experiences with this repositories. They are often
> outdated with current releases. ie: few days ago, in the repositories i
> was not able to find log4j version 1.2.9. I am not sure if now the 1.2.9
> is there. I bet is still missing.... Until some charitative soul will take
> care of that. Is supposed that Apache jars are automatically in the repos,
> but this is not true currently. The situation is worse with non-apache
> libraries.

Well, I also needed to get the eclipse compiler updated (javaflow
uses maven). And I've put the library into jira. To be honest it took
a few days. ...I got some things wrong and stuff. But it wasn't *that*
bad. I really like the repository idea.

BTW: there is an apache repository where you can copy apache jars
into. It will be synched automagically!

> Another problem is with what version are compiled the jars. We need to
> make sure that for 2.1.x branch they need to run in java 1.3 and 1.4 for
> 2.2.0 branch. And this is not the case with some jars you find in the
> repositories.

Well, this is of course a good point :-/

cheers
--
Torsten