cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Importing libraries from ibiblio
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:06:09 GMT
Hi all,

I just found (via TSS) Ivy [1], a BSD-licensed Ant task to download
dependencies from artifact repositories, including the Maven repo at
ibiblio.

I've already seen a number of Ant extensions that aim to provide this
feature, but that one looked particuarily interesting to me as this is
the first one where dependencies are not describes in the Ant file itself.

What that means is that we can create the list of jars to download from
our jars.xml or the gump descriptor, and have them automatically
downloaded from the ibiblio repo. Very few modifications on the current
build are needed.

That could allow to really reduce the size of both our distro and our
SVN repository.

WDYT?

Sylvain

[1] http://www.jayasoft.fr/org/modules/ivy/