cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] Update to build system: location of blocks and gump
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:22:24 GMT
I'm currently thinking about making the build system able to include
blocks from "external" locations, which means blocks that are not
directly in the cocoon directory.
I'm thinking of a simple but working solution: I guess the easiest way
would be to just add the root directory for a block to our gump
descriptor. Currently the build system assumes that a block is located
at src/blocks/BLOCKNAME.
When the build system uses this information from gump.xml, we can simply
include a "local.gump.xml" containing some more projects into the
gump.xml and build an aggregated description that is only used by the
build process. Gump itself is not affected as it still uses the gump.xml.

So my questions are:
- Is there a possibility in gump to define the root directory for a block?
- Does this change have any impact on other parts that I oversee?

Carsten