cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Creation of a french-speaking users list
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:45:41 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Therefore, I would like to create a new mailing list,
>> users-fr@cocoon.apache.org and a few pages in french on the website.
>> Those pages will be a translation of the introductory pages of our
>> site, and pointers to the mailing list and its archives. I do not
>> plan to provide a full translation of the website (lot of tedious
>> work for translating and syncing).
>>
>> Bertrand already offered to moderate this list, and I of course also
>> volunteer for this.
>>
>> Please cast your votes.
>>
>> Here's my +1.
>
> I wonder if creating another isolated user community is good in long
> run buf if you say they cannot contribute anyway because of the
> language barrier there's nothing better to be done.

As I said, the purpose is to invite people that are currently totally
out of the community to participate to something that will be close to
the real community, thus educating them and showing them that opensource
is not only about downloading and using, but also about sharing.

My original idea was to create a community-friendly website outside the
ASF (cocoon-fr.org), but the initial discussion on the PMC list brought
the idea to host it here at the ASF to avoid both community and brand
fragmentation. Hence this vote.

> Another problem: what if someone rises the german speaking mailing
> list will we also agree?

Well, why not? That would be IMO better than http://www.cocoonforum.de/

Sylvain