cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CLI] Problem with XSP compilation
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:47:30 GMT
Olivier Billard wrote:

> Hi Cocooners,
>
> First, I wish you a great year and may all your projects
> (professionnal but also personal) be accomplished !
>
> Then, I would like to explain my pb.
> I developped a small app that creates a cli.xconf file with all XSP of
> a webapp. Then when I launch the Cocoon CLI, it stops without an error
> or a warning, and no XSP is compiled.
>
> Here is a snippet of the xconf file, maybe something will shock you :
>
> <cocoon verbose="true"
>         follow-links="false"
>         precompile-only="true"
>         confirm-extensions="false">

<snip/>

> Some time ago, a post suggested to put the servlet.jar in the
> webapp/WEB-INF/lib, but no success with this tip.
> I tried with the 20050110111331 snapshot and the 2.1.6 release...
> Many many thanks in advance, 'cause I'm turning mad.

I had a quick look at the CocoonBean and associated classes, and it
turns out that precompile-only has been violently deleted when XSP was
moved to its own block.

Was it on purpose or just because of lazyness ? I can't remember a
discussion about this, and the precompile-only is still available but
silently ignored...

Sylvain