cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Blocks, Flow and Dependencies [was RE: Splitting xconf files step 2: the sitemap]
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:41:19 GMT
Glen Ezkovich wrote:

>>> Yes, and when sendPageAndWait returns the calling blocks flow
>>> continues with a new account accessible from the session. Maybe we
>>> need a new method such as callFunction.
>>

>> sorry, guys ...you've lost me here.
>> I don't get the problem.
>

> Neither do I. :-/

Problem:

flow.js of blockA
------------------
function blockAFunc() {
   return helper();
}
function helper() {
   return "A";
}

flow.js of blockB
-----------------
function blockBFunc() {
   return helper();
}
function helper() {
    return "B";
}

flow.js of blockC
-----------------
function blockCFunc() {
   print(blockB());
}

What do you expect when you call blockCFun()? A or B?

Answer: It depends on the order of declaring your scripts in <map:flow/>. The
first helper() method declared will be found.

That's one of the reasons for all this noise. Otherwise I would be agree with
you that we don't need isolation at this level.

--
Reinhard