cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Escaping Sitemap Hell
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2005 19:24:23 GMT
Peter Hunsberger wrote:

> And that's this issue Daniel's worried about: what's the best
> solution.  (However, I'm not completely sure for what problem space.)

There is no best solution, folks.

For some people, even something like http://site.com/29309840938 is not
persistent enough (because site.com might go away... but even because
the HTTP protocol might go away!)

I'm all for the creation of some documentation about "best practices in
URL-space design", but I would be very strongly against the distillation
of any of these best practices into the sitemap architecture itself,
unless until one of those best practices turns out to be used by
practically everybody and in any given circumstance.

--
Stefano.