cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ANN: [portal] New CachingPortletAdapter
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 16:46:15 GMT
DURDINA Michal wrote:
> Sorry for just a quick response.
>
> JSR168 - portlet specification really defines something like "expiration cache", which
when set to -1 should provide caching of portlet content.

> But as I see it:
>  * according to spec, implementation of caching is optional for portlet container
>  * content would be cached also with translated links (conflict with DefaultEventConverter
- that generates links only with one request validity)
>  * portal samples already contains <expiration-cache>-1</expiration-cache>
but caching is not working (try to output current time in TestPortlet - it will always refresh)
>  * yet must investigate pluto distribution wheter caching is supported by pluto container
at all

If the caching as outlined in the spec is not working in Cocoon, we have
to first fix this to be jsr 168 compliant. So, let's wait for the results.

Carsten