cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Use UGLI as logging abstraction (Re: [RT] Logging in 2.2)
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 16:14:17 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Carsten, too early. Now that avalon is closed, nobody is going to modify
> those classes in a non-compatible way.
That's true.

> There is *less* to worry about now than in the past.
 >

 > Let's try to act rationally people, if ain't broken, don't try to fix it.

I'm not worrying about avalon (or excalibur) and their future. Once we
had the agreement to move away from marker interfaces to POJOs - one
remaining piece for this is in fact logging. But it's true that we don't
have to do it today, we have time. Personally I like to introduce an
alternative very early in time and have a long migration phase. But I
have no problem with leaving things as they are.
So let's drop this topic and finish the virtual sitemap components. Someone?

Carsten