cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Use UGLI as logging abstraction (Re: [RT] Logging in 2.2)
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 14:36:15 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> They would no longer be the "avalon interfaces"
> ..or is the ECM++ still avalon?
>
> What was the reason again to move exchange the
> abstraction layer? ...not talking about the
> implementation.
>
> Sorry, guys this discussion getting a bit absurd to me.

Hmm, we have discussed this topic very lengthy and to summarize
it, we don't want to have dependencies for the core which
translates to: we don't want the core to depend on avalon.
On the technical side this means: moving from marker interfaces to POJOs.

With ECM++ ..eh..our own container, we are free to do what we want and
we can provide a smooth migration path.

Carsten