cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Use UGLI as logging abstraction (Re: [RT] Logging in 2.2)
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 12:17:05 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
>>> Is there any technical reason to switch from the Avalon Logger
>>> abstraction?
>> No.
> Well ...then that's no good reason to me.
> Rather I would also import the few classes
> into out repository (like we did with ECM)
> than doing the switch.
We can't import the classes in this case as these are interfaces. For
ECM we could provide our own implementation, but - for now - we are
still using the interfaces of the avalon framework. We agreed to move
away someday from these interfaces - and part of this logging discussion
is exactly about this: moving away from the avalon interfaces.

View raw message