cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Use UGLI as logging abstraction (Re: [RT] Logging in 2.2)
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 10:30:11 GMT
> If you prefer commons logging over it, please write a technical
> motivation about it.

As I already said: I don't see the point of this parameter stuff.
IMO this only leads to mixing of concepts. Some people will
use the "{}" some won't. To be honest I would not feel very happy
with UGLI since IMHO this interface is only half-backed. Sorry.

...and I don't see point of getting rid of the Avalon Logger
dependency and introducing the UGLI dependency instead. Only
because we want to get rid of Avalon?

Is there any technical reason to switch from the Avalon Logger
abstraction?

cheers
--
Torsten