cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Logging in 2.2
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 02:11:57 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Why can't you write a log4j appender that talks to your system?
>
> I'm not trying to be dense, I'm just trying to understand.

That would mean that I would be using log4j's configuration and
filtering. If that was what I wanted I would just write my own log4j
appenders. To feed it into my logging framework would mean two logging
configurations (log4j's and mine) and double the path length. If I only
wanted my framework's filtering it would mean that all logging
"isEnabled" calls would have to return true to the application, so they
could be filtered by my logging framework.

Not pretty.

Ralph