cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Logging in 2.2
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 20:52:19 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> So far we have:
>
> -1 on commons-logging (from Nicola)
> -1 on log4j (from me)
> -1 on jdk logger (from me - same reason as log4j)
> and it looks like -1 on UGLI from Torsten.
>
> That leaves logkit and just4log (which I haven't looked at).  Unless
> someone has something else?

I don't want to escalate this unnecessarely, but the above should be
treated as votes, not vetos.

My point being: it might be wise not to change things too much ("if
ain't broken don't fix it" and all that) but at the same time, it's
getting kind of ridiculous that we are the only users of a particular API.

Can you tell us more about why you can't have a direct dependency on log4j?

--
Stefano.