cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Logging in 2.2
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:25:17 GMT
> Maybe just throw away (Abstract)LogEnabled and do constructor injection
> instead. Or even relegate Logging to an ordinary service, which is looked up
> like any other component.

As much as I like IoC I think logging is one of the reasons for
overcomponentization. ...just because you need a logger instance.
Passing it to the POM does not make it much nicer. In fact it's
sometimes hard to draw the line. Component ...not a component.

Have logging as an explicit service does definitely not feel
right to me. Logging should be much more low-level!

I am not sure but to me IoC seems to hurt more than it helps
for logging. May I play devils advocate:
For how many projects would this *really* be a security issue?
If someone can log to your logger you probably have bigger
problems!

...and btw: if you need to you *can* get to any logging channel
even with logkit IIRC.

cheers
--
Torsten