cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Using the standard Jaxp parser in Cocoon.java
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 10:29:33 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>

>>> If 2.1 will work without this "feature" => please remove it.
>>> Cleaning the
>>> house is good. ;-)
>>>

>> As is leaving things alone so you don't take the risk of breaking
>> things :-)
>>
> Exactly - and we should try to make sense out of our version numbers
> especially wrt compatibility.

I think we should be keeping 2.1.X as stable as possible, and be tidying
trunk.

We therefore need to be thinking about how to get trunk released within
a reasonable time (6 months?), and therefore be prepared to delay some
features until 2.3 if their development is going to take too long.

After all, 2.1.X is a _maintenance_ branch, but that doesn't seem too
much like how we're using it - we're adding stuff to it that should go
in 2.2, only because we don't know when 2.2 will be out, we're not happy
to just have it there.

Regards, Upayavira

Regards, Upayavira