cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Using the standard Jaxp parser in Cocoon.java
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 10:46:13 GMT
Hi all,

Doing some cleanup on the component management, I went into o.a.c.Cocoon
where a bootstrap service manager is created and setup only to handle
the case where the user would like to use parser different from the
default system-wide one. This alternate parser is specified using the
"org.apache.excalibur.xml.sax.SAXParser" system property.

This looks to me like some old legacy code that was written before JAXP
was finalized and before XML parsers were shipped with the JDK.

I'd like to remove this as it seems IMO useless and complicates the
startup code.

Thoughts? Is anyone having a good use case for this feature?

Sylvain