cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Splitting xconf files step 2: the sitemap
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2005 15:12:28 GMT
Hi team,

I finished step 2 of the include feature: it is now fully operational in
the sitemap in the same way as in xconf files. The sitemap-specific
configuration attributes such as "label", "mime-type" and
"pipeline-hint" are taken into account on sitemap components wherever
they are declared, even in the main cocoon.xconf (see
CocoonServiceManager and ProcessorComponentInfo for more details).

Step 3 will allow for a flat fortress-style configuration (the current
style will of course still be available).

Now comes a question: each block defining sitemap components will
provide a [block-name]-sitemap.xconf, but where should we include it? So
far, I see the following alternatives for inclusion, but don't know
which one to choose:
1 - include it in the main cocoon.xconf (this is possible as xconf files
and <map:components> are totally equivalent)
2 - include it in the root sitemap.xmap, similarily to what I did for
cocoon.xconf
3 - include it in the block-specific sitemap. That makes the smallest
root sitemap yet still allows to easily add block-specific components to
any sitemap as [block-name]-sitemap.xconf can be located in
context://WEB-INF/xconf

Thoughts?

Enjoy and happy new year to you all!

Sylvain