cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralph Goers" <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Importing libraries from ibiblio
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:22:50 GMT
Antonio Gallardo said:
> On Vie, 14 de Enero de 2005, 9:56, Ralph Goers dijo:
>> I think we've discussed this before, but it should be possible for
>> Cocoon
>> to have its own repository with only the jars in it that need to be
>> there.
>> It can use ibiblio as a secondary repository for the ones that can't be
>> located in Cocoon's.
>>
>> I'm not sure about this ant task, but one nice thing about maven is that
>> the jars end up in your local repository, so if you get a new version of
>> Cocoon only jars that have changed will be downloaded.
>
> Are we planning to release binaries again?

Well, eventually, but that isn't what I meant.  Sorry I wasn't clear. In
the case you mentioned we might need a version of a dependent jar to be
compiled with JDK 1.3 for our customers who require it.  In that case, the
jar would be stored in Cocoon's repository as it may not be explicitly
supported by that project.  So our user's would download it from our
repository.  However, if the end user is compiling Cocoon with JDK 1.4,
the build might be able to use a different dependency list and then
download the 1.4 version from ibiblio.

Ralph