cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [RT] Logging in 2.2
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:56:58 GMT
On Mie, 5 de Enero de 2005, 11:19, Nicola Ken Barozzi dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>> Please have a look at the Torsten suggestions, looks good too:
>>
>> http://just4log.sourceforge.net
>>
>> +1 too.
>
> I saw that too, but UGLI should not need that extra isLogEnabled stuff
> in any case.
>
> BTW, I love the way this makes one write log messages, it's what we have
> in POI, and is very convenient.
>
> Ceki wrote:
> "
> As noted in my previous message, UGLI also supports parameterized log
> messages obliterating the need to surround log messages with
> logger.isXXXEnabled checks.
>
> Instead of writing:
>
>     if(logger.isDebugEnabled()) {
>       logger.debug("User with "+id+" entered wrong query string
> ["+query"]." );
>     }
>
> you can just write:
>
>     logger.debug("User with {} entered wrong query string [{}].", id,
> query);
> "

How UGLI manage the case when a parameter is a function, ie:

logger.debug("User with {} entered wrong query string [{}].", myFunction(),
myQuery());

Well, we know what happen here: The functions are executed to retrieve the
return value. AFAIK, this is why we use isDebugEnable()? And here is where
"just4log" play an important role. ;-)

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo