cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Importing libraries from ibiblio
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:23:06 GMT
Hi Bertrand:

Here is the maven output few seconds ago showing that log4j 1.2.9 is still
not there:

~/bin/maven/bin/maven
 __  __
|  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
| |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0.2

Intentando descargar log4j-1.2.9.jar.
¡ATENCION!: ¡Imposible descargar log4j-1.2.9.jar!
¡El proceso no puede seguir! Falta la siguiente dependencia:

log4j-1.2.9.jar

Total time: 8 seconds
Finished at: Fri Jan 14 10:12:28 CST 2005

We are using this version since 2004-12-08

[run: svn log lib/core/log4j-1.2.9.jar].

This time I was not a good neighboor.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

On Vie, 14 de Enero de 2005, 10:00, Bertrand Delacretaz dijo:
> Le 14 janv. 05, à 16:38, Antonio Gallardo a écrit :
>
>> ...I had really bad experiences with this repositories. They are often
>> outdated with current releases. ie: few days ago, in the repositories i
>> was not able to find log4j version 1.2.9. I am not sure if now the
>> 1.2.9
>> is there. I bet is still missing....
>
> Excuse my ignorance, but aren't jars supposed to be available with
> unique and permanent URLs on repositories like ibiblio?

I theory yes. but....... things happens.

> If that's the case, and if there's a quick way for some of us to add
> missing jars there, it shouldn't be a problem (but feel free to point
> me to resources where I can learn more about how this works ;-)

Well, I learned from maven:

http://maven.apache.org/repository-upload.html

> I very much like Sylvain's proposal, although I haven't used ibiblio
> enough to be aware of the potential problems.

Please note, I am not against the repos. I am just trying to share with
the community what else needs to be done. I think the idea is good after
all. :-D

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo