cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Importing libraries from ibiblio
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:08:49 GMT
On Vie, 14 de Enero de 2005, 9:56, Ralph Goers dijo:

> Antonio Gallardo said:
>> Hi Sylvain:
>>
> <snip>
>> All this was done because I wanted to compile and test apache jcs with
>> this util.concurrent version before we released cocoon 2.1.5! (jcs use
>> maven).
>
> Why didn't you just put the util.concurrent version in your local
> repository then?

Because we want to be good neighbors or not? ;-) JCS needed it too. This
is why I ended in a maven mail-list for few days. But, this is OT here:

If I am going to update cocoon jars, I cannot only update my local
repository. :-(

>> Currently our update procedure is a lot easier. I am not against having
>> repositories, but this will add extra work if we want to have up to date
>> all our libraries. As we have now. :-D
>>
>> Another problem is with what version are compiled the jars. We need to
>> make sure that for 2.1.x branch they need to run in java 1.3 and 1.4 for
>> 2.2.0 branch. And this is not the case with some jars you find in the
>> repositories.
>>
>> I am not against repositories, I am just let know the pitfalls that I
>> met
>> using them.
>
> I think we've discussed this before, but it should be possible for Cocoon
> to have its own repository with only the jars in it that need to be there.
> It can use ibiblio as a secondary repository for the ones that can't be
> located in Cocoon's.
>
> I'm not sure about this ant task, but one nice thing about maven is that
> the jars end up in your local repository, so if you get a new version of
> Cocoon only jars that have changed will be downloaded.

Are we planning to release binaries again?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo