cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralph Goers" <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Logging in 2.2
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 21:59:01 GMT
I cannot have a direct dependency on any logging implementation that does
not let me replace it.  We use our own logging framework that, believe it
or not, is somewhat more advanced.

As far as I'm concerned, Cocoon can use log4j or the JDK logger as long as
it is done through an abstraction layer.  While I am not necessarily
thrilled with the logkit logger and its configuration, I am happy that I
can just declare my own class that implements LoggerManager in web.xml and
my logging framework gets used.  In fact, I'd be fine if we just
incorporated that piece from logkit into Cocoon and then had the default
implementation use log4j or the jdk logger.

Ralph