cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralph Goers" <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Importing libraries from ibiblio
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:56:13 GMT

Antonio Gallardo said:
> Hi Sylvain:

<snip>
> All this was done because I wanted to compile and test apache jcs with
> this util.concurrent version before we released cocoon 2.1.5! (jcs use
> maven).

Why didn't you just put the util.concurrent version in your local
repository then?

> Currently our update procedure is a lot easier. I am not against having
> repositories, but this will add extra work if we want to have up to date
> all our libraries. As we have now. :-D
>
> Another problem is with what version are compiled the jars. We need to
> make sure that for 2.1.x branch they need to run in java 1.3 and 1.4 for
> 2.2.0 branch. And this is not the case with some jars you find in the
> repositories.
>
> I am not against repositories, I am just let know the pitfalls that I met
> using them.

I think we've discussed this before, but it should be possible for Cocoon
to have its own repository with only the jars in it that need to be there.
It can use ibiblio as a secondary repository for the ones that can't be
located in Cocoon's.

I'm not sure about this ant task, but one nice thing about maven is that
the jars end up in your local repository, so if you get a new version of
Cocoon only jars that have changed will be downloaded.

Ralph