cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: trunk build broken (Was: how to list all sitemap components)
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:38:57 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi David:
>
> 4:00 a.m. here! :-(
>
> I guess I found and fixed the source error. (Am I telling the same again?
> - lol.).
>
> I did some System.out of the process (included in the commit). Made a
> workaround "hack" and I will commit. The hack works. :-D

No difference for me. Doing 'build clean, build' still fails.

> I guess the trouble is made by 1 of this 2 posibilities:
>
> 1-While we generate blocks docs qdox has no info of the cocoon core libs.
> qdox is not able to know where is o.a.c.transformation.Tranformer or
> inherancy as:
>
> HTMLGenerator isA ServiceableGenerator isA AbstractGenerator isA Generator

It is not "generating" the blocks, just scanning their sources.

> 2-A qdox bug in isA()? To me it is a lesser posibility. I checked in the
> qdox JIRA and nothing similar is there:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/QDOX
>
> WDYT?

I don't know what to think yet. It needs more exploration.

> BTW, is not funy to wait 7 minuts to see the results of a small change and
> see if this is working. :-(

I know, we must fine-tune the whole build system.

> If the "hack" is OK, please copy paste back to 2.1. I am too tired to do
> that now. ;-)
>
> A posible solution is try to generate core + blocks docs in 1 run. That
> way "the current hack" can be gone.
>
> Currently, seems like we need 2 runs. I am not sure why we need 2 runs at
> all.

This is still the same workaround.

> Now I am getting again in RequestAttributeGenerator (from scratchpad?):
>
> [Fatal Error] include-transformer.xml:1:896: The entity name must
> immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.

I fixed that in SVN, perhaps you need 'svn up'.

> Anyway, the hack shows how this can be fixed too. :-D
>
> I hope this helps.

It does, thanks.

--David