cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [LAZY-VOTE] - Java conventions in methods and class names
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2005 23:40:52 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi:
>
> AFAIK, the methods names should start with a lowercase char. I found some
> classes wich methods are Capitalized:
>
> src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/xpointer/parser/TokenMgrError.java
> src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/xpointer/parser/SimpleCharStream.java
>
> I know this is a cosmetic change.
>
> I already changed the protected methods to avoid breaking compatibility.
>
> The idea to keep compatibility is deprecate the current public methods and
> create new methods starting with a lowercase char. The methods starting
> with uppercase will call the lowercased methods. They will be removed in a
> future release (perhaps 2.1.8 or 2.2).
>
> Also there is a class wich name start with a lower case:
>
> src/blocks/itext/java/org/apache/cocoon/serialization/iTextSerializer.java
>
> can we switch it to:
>
> src/blocks/itext/java/org/apache/cocoon/serialization/ITextSerializer.java
>
> WDYT?

I think that achieving consistency is a good thing. Also it enables tools
that do code verification to have cleaner reports.

There is another case which might need to be addressed, e.g.
org/apache/cocoon/transformation/ReadDOMSessionTransformer
This causes the SitemapComponent.java documentation generator
to need to provide special handling.

--David