cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralph Goers" <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: i18n catalogues and caching
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:15:36 GMT
Joerg Heinicke said:

> Did it and found the reason - and a work around. It's not
> I18nTransformer's
> fault, but the one of XMLResourceBundleFactory: It's creating a hierarchy
> of
> XMLResourceBundle's, which have a parent relation to another
> XMLResourceBundle.
> The bundles are cached by filenames, with the declaration like above it's
> "../resources/translations". So independent on the latter locations always
> the
> cached bundle for the first location is returned. The work around is
> obviously
> to change the order of the locations from the specific to the common one.
> But it's still a strange behaviour, the hierarchy is not obvious for the
> user,
> it's more a list of locations. Therefore the current behaviour and the
> workaround should not only be well-documented, but also changed.

Well, its nice to see that someone else is using the multiple location
stuff I added.  I believe at the time I added this that catalogues were
permanently cached. I recall someone adding support right after that for
reloading them after they were modified.  I guess I assumed that this was
done on a per file basis as even a catalogue in a single location can
consist of multiple files.

Ralph