cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From peter royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Logging in 2.2
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 02:08:59 GMT
On Jan 6, 2005, at 5:27 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>> As far as I'm concerned, Cocoon can use log4j or the JDK logger as
>> long as
>> it is done through an abstraction layer.
>
> Why can't you write a log4j appender that talks to your system?
>
> I'm not trying to be dense, I'm just trying to understand.

You don't have unified configuration then.

What we have now is very nice. I have a single logging configuration
file for my entire application. That includes the app server (phoenix)
all the way down to individual components (such as cocoon).

Having cocoon hardwired to a specific logging implementation would
loose this incredible flexibility.
-pete